[vdr] Re: vdr near final - time for cosmetic changes?

Christoph Friederich wrote:

> hi klaus,
>
> is it now time for cosmetic changes in vdr? the features list seems to be
> completed for vdr-1.2. have you thought about including some of the
> cosmetic changes of the elchi-patch?

Approaching the final 1.2.0 means there will be _no_ more changes
except serious bugfixes - _especially_ no cosmetic changes!

After version 1.2.0 my first priority will be to automatically getting
channel data from the stream (that's what Andreas Schultz has already
started in his autopid patch) and then maybe making the whole OSD stuff
more "virtual", so that a plugin can take complete control over the
actual appearance of the whole OSD. That's where the "elchi" patch can
go in then as a plugin, because I strongly believe that whatever "cosmetic"
changes I may do, there will always be some leftover stuff that will cause
yet another patch...

Please forgive me for setting my priorities to functionality rather than
beauty.

Klaus