[vdr] Re: Not all RC-5 keys are recognized by the Hauppauge Nexus built-in IR-receiver

> > Maybe these keys do not send rc5 codes. The Hauppauge receiver accepts
> > rc5 only, while lirc accepts virtually any protocol.

Oliver, I would like to be sure: do you mean that, for the Hauppauge 2.1 IR
receiver:
- with DVB driver and remote-plugin, we can only get RC5
- with LIRC, we can get most of IR protocols
All this keeping the siemens 2.1 IR module?

or that the hauppauge 2.1 IR receiver _itself_ is limited to RC5?

In this case, the best solution to use remotes that don't use RC5 is to build
an home-brew IR receiver, as described on LIRC's website.

Thanks,
Olivier.