[vdr] Re: black screens...any hint?

At 16:47 22/05/2003, you wrote:
> The fairly stable 0.9.4 firmware is supposed to have had a buffer over 230
> k but I haven't really managed to run a 0.9.4 firmware (Jan 2002) with the
> current driver. Are there certain options in vdr that can be switched off
> to make it work with DVB-s?

What options would that be?
I was wondering if anyone managed to run current drivers with a 0.9.4 firmware and DVB-s. I though maybe switching off timeshifting and stuff could make it work but I guess that firmware is just too outdated.

> Hold out guys, I hope we're seeing a new firmware with a bigger vid mem
> soon to fix these kind of problems.

But that will mean that the OSD will have to be considerably smaller!
I'm quite happy with the OSD in vdr 1.1.13 and 0.9.4 firmware. In fact I'm quite happy with that combination if the drivers didn't crash on swichting between live view DVB-s / transfermode and recording DVB-s.

If I understand correctly all a smallelr OSD size would mean is some glitches when bringing up the OSD - that I can live with. ARM crashes every other hour on the other hand I can't really.