[vdr] Re: Bug in VDR - yes- digital audio output

On 26 May 2003 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

>> This works great for FTA channels, but totally messes up sound on
>> demute from any encrypted channels and also from "sound" plugins
>> like the MP3 plugin.
>
> Well, then I guess I can't make that change for 1.2.0.

Yes, please don't do that.

AUDIO_SET_MUTE is broken for any kind of PCM replay (mp3, ac3 or
what ever). I reported this to the firmware developers some time
ago, but I think they have no clue why it's broken.

For live viewing the AUDIO_SET_MUTE should work. As a workaround
for the replay mode you could filter out any audio packets during
mute (with my AC3overDVB implementation this would cost only 3-4
line of code. Hint, hint, hint :-)

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan