[vdr] Re: EPG with 2 cards and 2 vdr

> I just tried this with a slightly modified eitscan.c to have it start
> after a few seconds:
>
> and started two instances of VDR. After a few seconds I got output on stdout
> from both of them, indicating that they are switching through the channels.
> So I'm afraid I can't reproduce what you are observing.

You are right: I was shooting too quick. The issue was true with 1.0.x -
but it changed with 1.1.
I was led wrong by the fact, that you
do not *see* VDR doing its autozapping on the TV any more - but I
understand now, that this is a feature -- not a bug ;-)

Please excuse the unneeded work I caused.

But please let me describe one more thing that is irritating me -- and
maybe other users:
when I start my TV, I sometimes just get a black screen. When I press OK,
I see the status of the selected channel - but the screen stays black.

First I thaught, VDR was hanging but it is not. It is just recording on a
different channel (on a different transponder) and the current channel is
not available. Pressing Up or Down switches to an available channel.

I understand, that it is not necessary (or even desirable) to
automatically switch to the recorded channel any more. But the uncommented
black screen is very irritating to users new to VDR 1.2 (like me ;-).
So perhaps you can present a permanent message "channel currently not
available" on the screen if VDR is idle on a channel that is not
available?

Just an idea (and definitely no show stopper for 1.2 ;-)

bye, ju

--
Juergen Schmidt   Leitender Redakteur/senior editor  c't magazin
Heise Zeitschriften Verlag,  Helstorferstr. 7,  D-30625 Hannover