[vdr] Re: Vdr installation!

>Hi I would like  to try the VDR software before I buy a DVB card cause’ I
think it seems to be an exellent program!
>But I need to know if it suits me (and my family)…
>Therefor I have some questions:

>Is it hard (or even possible) to install VDR without a DVB-card?
Hmm this would be like having a tv without a tuner
or a computer with only a herkules card but try to playing 3d games with it
to see if you would like the game ;-)

>Which linux-distribution is easiest to install VDR on?
The one which is to install the easiets

>Which version of vdr should i install? Easiest with least bugs!
the latest version, its now near to stable with the most features.

I think you better should make  list of your needs which vdr should fullfill
and let some kind people
of this mailing list examine it.

But vdr makes many things possible you cant even imagine ;-)

regards
, gunnar