[vdr] 1.1.33 and black screen

Hi,

I downloaded 1.1.33 and the recommended DVB driver package yesterday and
have some problems. Yesterday it ran just fine and I did several
recordings, some overlapping and some while watching an older recording.
No problems at all.

However, this morning when I was about to watch morning news the image
shown by VDR for live TV was black again. The OSD and everything
else worked fine, there was just no image and no channel shifting could
bring the image back. VDR had written nothing to syslog over the night,
except for the normal warning about channels that have EPG data that
doesn't conform to the specifications.

So something seems to still go wrong, this same thing has happened for a
number of versions, since somewhere late in the 1.1.20 series. Before it
usually filled the log with "Switching to channel X" messages, but these
messages are gone now. The early 1.1.20 versions that I first used never
had this same problem, they could crash for other reasons, but never left
me with a black screen. Somehow I suspect the DVB drivers, and not VDR
itself, as VDR seems to work and has reported no problems nor warnings.

This is a one card DVB-c system with 1.1.33 and the DVB driver package
from Klaus's page. Could it be that I need to create a new channels.conf
file that contains the new ID:s that appeared a few versions ago?

Maybe VDR or the drivers don't like that the system clock changes? I
noticed from the log that I always do a "rdate" to set the system clock
early in the morning, so it *may* have drifted seconds and even minutes on
a bad motherboard. Could this cause a blackout?

--
   Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in
   your home.