[vdr] Newbie questions

Hi all, I've recently installed VDR and I *really* like it. Thank you Klaus!

I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find answered anywhere:

1. Is there a public CVS for VDR? If not, are there any plans for one? A
sourceforge project would be (IMHO) a great place to keep VDR and plugins.

2. How do most of you debug VDR and its plugins? I tried gdb, but it seemed to
have some problems.

3. I had 1.1.30 working pretty well, but then built and tried 1.1.33 and it
completely locks up the box when I start it, requiring a hard reset. (I do
have the dxr3 plugin enabled, I could try without that first.)

4. Is there a specific brand of remote that is more widely used than others
with VDR? The default use of color keys seems like a close fit to my Nokia MM
9870 remote, but not quite.

Thanks in advance,

Bud Millwood
"The threat of madness is the price of reason" - Susanne Langer