[vdr] Re: BUG in Broken stream detection ??

Peter Dittmann wrote:

> On Tue, 27 May 2003, you wrote:
> > Tilo Renkl wrote:
> > > Anyway something in VDR code has changed, so that some of my recordings
> > > (~50%)
> > > are completely broken (very heavy audio and video disortions). :-(((
> > > I will do some further tests, but this is difficult due to the fact that
> > > this
> > > is my system for everyday use and there are timers which I do not want to
> > > miss.
> > >
> > > Tilo
> > i got the same behaviour.
> > now testing 1.1.33....
> >
> > maybe we can (in a private mail!?) compare our installations..
> >
> > bye.
> >

> I updated my jurassic system this weekend from vdr1.00/kernel2.4.0 (;-)) to
> 1.1.32 and got the same problems.
> Some recordings at random get's choppy. It's not always clear from the
> beginning, some recordings are ok at first and start getting choppy after some
> minutes. Also some old recordings seems now to become choppy (but were ok on
> vdr 1.00).
> Im using an noname BX board with P2/300 with Suse8.1 (kernel2.4.19) and the
> drivers from 2003-04-27.
> I've disabled first all the plugins but the problem seems to persist.
> Originally I thought of installation problems by the new setup (I'm still
> getting awkward syslog messages about hardware I don't even have ;-))
>
> I have to wait for some addtional test and fixes for next week as this is my
> production system and I'm away for the weekend.
>
> regards Peter
>
> P.S. For the weekend I will restart my jurassic setup. It's been running now
> for ~1year with 1.00 without any real problems (starting with vdr0.7
> Jan/2001?!). Never missed a recording because of vdr even during 2..3 weeks
> absence.
> Let's hope 1.2 will be that stable.... ;-))

Version 1.1.33 with driver 2003-05-24 runs rock solid here.

I just spent a whole evening watching old and new recordings, doing
time shift and skipping forward/back and doing fast forward and back - without
the slightest problem.

My primary device is a Siemens DVB-S 1.3, and the secondary device is a WinTV NOVA-S.
Could it be that those amoung oyu who report problems have DVB-C or DVB-T cards?
Just an idea, no real reason for asking...

Klaus