[vdr] Re: BUG in Broken stream detection ??

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 23:45, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Tilo Renkl wrote:
> > Hi Klaus,
> >
> > > Version 1.1.33 with driver 2003-05-24 runs rock solid here.
> > >
> > > I just spent a whole evening watching old and new recordings, doing
> > > time shift and skipping forward/back and doing fast forward
> > > and back - without
> > > the slightest problem.
> > >
> > > My primary device is a Siemens DVB-S 1.3, and the secondary
> > > device is a WinTV NOVA-S.
> > > Could it be that those amoung oyu who report problems have
> > > DVB-C or DVB-T cards?
> > > Just an idea, no real reason for asking...
> >
> > To say rock solid, the system has to run at least 3 - 5 days without
> > a restart. :-)
>
> Well, I've been running 1.1.3x in every day use ever since and had
> no problems at all.

I'm having that problem for some weeks now:
I've been using VDR for about 1.5 year *without any problems* (v1.0.4 and then
some developer releases starting around 1.1.20). Someday I changed to a newer
VDR release, might be 1.1.29, but I can't remember :-(
From that time there are recordings that are that damaged as described above.
I can not figure out why. The only thing I found is that if the recording is
OK from the beginning, it's all OK. E.g. last monday I wanted to record
something in the evening at ZDF. I tried 3-4 times but all recordings broken.
Then I made VDR to record it on the primary card -> recording was OK.
On friday I recorded something at BR3. It worked, but the broadcast started
half an hour later, so I manually started it -> it didn't work!
So I tested multiple recordings on the secondary card: 3 times recording BR3
-> all OK

I'm really confused what's going on there. I can't believe it's some DECT
phone, cabling, dish or hardware problem, because that didn't change the last
1.5 year.

One thing I found yesterday evening:
It was not posible to record _any channel_ without distortions on the 2nd
DVB-s (rev2.1) until I restarted (via osd menu). Afterwards recordings were
clean.
I never had problems with LiveTV (rev1.3) card!

Regards,
Andreas