[vdr] Re: Autopid for 1.1.33 --> Timers lost, incl. epg2timers not working anymore

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 14:05, Alexander Damhuis wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Okay .. I found the problem myself I think …

[....]

> That’s what’s the old timers.conf looked like:
>
> 1:C-0-410-28106:------S:1840:1915:50:50:Lindenstraße~EPISODE:
> 1:C-0-394-28006:------S:1930:2015:50:99:ZDF Expedition~EPISODE:
>
> this is new:
>
> 1:C-1-1101-28106-16387:------S:1840:1915:50:50:Lindenstraße~EPISODE:
> 1:C-1-1079-28006-16387:------S:1930:2015:50:50:ZDF Expedition~EPISODE:
>
> so ... I do not know if it is VDR that has changed (will read the
> history) or if this (these 3 values) is now used because they are filled
> in by autopid.

What you've got there is partly by design and partly a mistake on my part.

The third parameter (410 vs. 1101, 394 vs. 1079) identifies the thransponder.
The old channels.conf didn't had the nid value (2nd timer parameter) set, so
the transponder frequency was used. The new channels.conf has the nid set to
the correct value resulting in the tid being used there. This is by design
and IMHO a correct way to do it.

The 5th parameter is the rid. values above 16384 are used by the autopid patch
and should not show up in timers.conf. The next iteration of the patch will
correct that.

Andreas