[vdr] Re: BUG in Broken stream detection ??

Tilo Renkl wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> I think I will comment out that Emergency exit stuff, but there is one
> thing I really can not understand about restarts at a beginning timer:
>
> I never had problems with life view on my cards, tuning was always fine and
> quick. So if this is the case and tuning to any channel is always OK,
> why does VDR say something about a broken stream on device 2 about
> 2 (two) seconds after the recording starts ??

Well, you already answered your own question: live viewing is done directly on
the primary device (unless it needs Transfer Mode), and recording is done on
the second device. Being able to view a channel on the primary device doesn't
necessarily mean that the same (or any other channel) can be received on the
second device, since maybe the many channel switches done by the EPG scanner
have irritated the driver so that it needs a relaod.

> And why does it only happen
> for the first recording (you know, if one rec is running and a second one
> starts,
> there is never a restart).

Maybe because the first restart has "cleared" the driver?

> For the corrupted recodings: (for me since 1.1.29 with all drivers)
>
> I realiced that I can reproduce this phenomenon, by:
> 1. starting a recording
> 2. kill vdr (or automatic restart because of that broken stream :-()
> 3. if VDR then starts again, my recording is broken !

I tried this (even killed VDR with 'kill -9' to prevent it from doing any
cleanup) but the recording was continued just fine. Sure there was a small
glitch at the place where the restart happened, but that's to be expected.

So, I'm afraid there's nothing I can do here since I can't reproduce the
problem.

Klaus