[vdr] Re: Fix: Timeshifting pb with vdr 1.1.32 / vdr-1.1.33

Karim Afifi wrote:

> Klaus,
>
> After applying the patche, timeshift is working a little better,
> but VDR still stops ans return to live stream after *more* seconds.
> Here is the result of 6 tests :
>
> OK
> 32 seconds
> 50 seconds
> OK
> 29 seconds
> 101 seconds
>
> If you want that I recheck this with recording.c from vdr-1.1.31,
> just ask !

Looks like you're still getting too close to the end if the index file.

Please try (in recording.c) changing line 776

#define MAXINDEXCATCHUP   4 // seconds

#define MAXINDEXCATCHUP   8 // seconds

and line 901

   if (Index < last - (i ? INDEXSAFETYLIMIT : 0) || Index > 3 * INDEXSAFETYLIMIT)

   if (Index < last - (i ? 2 * INDEXSAFETYLIMIT : 0) || Index > 10 * INDEXSAFETYLIMIT)

I have to admit that all this isn't very nice, but I guess it will have
to do as a temporary solution for version 1.2.0. Besides, the whole idea of
the "Pause live video" thing is to actually _pause_ for a while (like taking a
phone call, getting some beer or going to the bathroom), so in a real application
I guess not many people will actually come across this...

Klaus