[vdr] Re: vdr1.1.33 & instant recordings

>> > sometimes, after an instant recording, vdr is restarting once after
>> > 10-20sec. This doesnt harm the recording itself, but the recording entry
>> > does no longer appear in the mainmenu
>>
>> The "Stop recording" entry in the main menu is only there for recordings
>> that have been started by direct user interaction ("Menu/Red" or "Menu/Yellow"|"Pause")
>> during the running VDR session. A restarted VDR session sees only the timers
>> and doesn't "know" any more that these were "instant" recordings.

UO> would it make sense to check the actual timer during the vdr start, and
UO> put the recording entry in the mainmenu?
UO> (only those recording which began before the startup and will end later)

Some days ago I posted a very simple patch (1 row) that does exactly this: show all
recordings on course as stoppable in the main menu.

>> > The only way to do this is deactivating
>> > the timer and doing a manual vdr restart.
>>
>> Why a "manual VDR restart"??
>> You can simply delete the timer.
>>

UO> unfortunally not, there appears a red message line (something like
UO> "cannot delete timer while recording")

I think that you can do it in the last version (I'm stuck with
1.1.30), anyway in older versions you have to switch off the timer
(blue button) and then press ok (to accept the command and stop
the recording) after that you can also delete the timer.

Ciao Uberto

mailto:uberto@ubiland.net