[vdr] Re: plugin compile problem

On Saturday 31 May 2003 11:04 pm, Andreas Fatum wrote:

> That might be true for the core VDR but in that Makefile GNU_SOURCE is
> defined anyway. At least none of the "problem" plugins I am using is
> including <sys/types.h> before thread.h. But you are right, it would not

if have not check any of the plugins, but sys/types.h gets included though
other systems headers. So chances are good that pthreadtypes.h gets evaluated
before the define.

[...]

> Hmm, if this cannot be fixed by a simple define, why not include a
> "Readme-Autopid"-file in the next patch explaining what to do in case
> some plugins refuse to compile on the target system? (Like: "If you get
> compiler errors in certain plugins with threads.h, simply add the line
> "DEFINES += HAVE_GNU_SOURCE" to that plugins' Makefile.")

i'll do both, include your patch and add a small readme. But i guess that it
will just change our answers to those mails on the ML from an explanation to
RTFM ;-)

Have fun

Andreas