[vdr] Re: j2-jumper

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > > i want to connect two TV on one DVB-Card. Is it possible to
> > > use one TV with the RGB/Audio Signal of the j2-jumper and
> > > another TV with the Video/Audio-Signal of the normal
> > > connectors? I know that this question was already discussed
> > > because I remember already read about it somewhere (perhaps
> > > on this list) but i didn't find the answers again.
>
> > Hi Olli,
>
> > yes, it works. In fact it does here with an DVB-s Rev. 1.3
> > from siemens.
>
> Uhm, doing so *will* overload your ARM-7 outputs. No one
> can say how long they will take it. Better to buffer the outputs.
> Search www.vdrportal.de for the thread "Hey Leude" (no, I'm
> not responsible for the thread title ;o)) for more info (post
> by Lightningman)

i have found this thread, the people talking about it wanted to build a
circuit to protect the arm, but i didn't found any link to a circuit.
perhaps they have given up. does anyone else have a solution for this?
i only want to split the video- and audio-signal for feeding two tv. i
dont want to use a manual scart-switch.

[...]

thanks

olli

--
Dipl. Inf. (FH) Oliver Joa, senior IT-architect

Gatrixx NetSolutions GmbH, Karl-Goetz-Strasse 5, 97424 Schweinfurt
Fon +49 9721 797 420,  Fax +49 9383 999-58,  Mobil +49 160 47874 62
E-Mail ojoa@gatrixx.com, ojoa@gmx.net, oliver@j-o-a.de
http://www.finanztreff.de/