[vdr] Re: Hardware project: MPEG2 decoder with ethernet adapter

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 08:50:24PM +0200, Hermann Gausterer wrote:
> > But i don't think a "private person" is able to invent the rounder
> > wheel.
>
> good point .. but years ago, who hat thougth that somedays there
> would be something like the goodies we are using today [GNU, linux ... VDR
> :-) ]

Yeah. But Software developmend (normaly) only costs time, while hardware
developmend tends to EAT money. :-)

> > How do you wan't to connect them?
> Cu is the right thing for this ;-))

My point is more the layer beyond the connection of the chips, how to
you wan't to wire the different chips. I don't think that multilayer
PCBs are "cheap" in small quantitys. Taking aside that you first have to
develop/test a PCB-design (-> hardware development isn't as cheap as
software development)

But i can only guess. I'm from the software development front. :-)

Bis denn