[vdr] Re: Hardware project: MPEG2 decoder with ethernet adapter

Hello Matthias,

Sunday, June 1, 2003, 9:12:33 PM, you wrote:

MS> I don't think that multilayer PCBs are "cheap" in small quantitys.
MS> Taking aside that you first have to develop/test a PCB-design (->
MS> hardware development isn't as cheap as software development)

If you would be willing to do the software work, people like Hermann
and me would surely be working on the hardware.
Manufcturing is a different story. If it needs to be cheap, it needs
to be a plain PCB. Any mechanical work and/or wiring is quite
expensive. I don't know the price of the MPEG-hardware, but the whole
FPGA-stuff + PCB + silicon dust + power brick is certainly below 150EUR.

MS> But i can only guess. I'm from the software development front. :-)

I am not :-) I am more into hardware....

--
Best regards,
 Michael                            mailto:Michael.S.Schumacher@gmx.de