[vdr] Re: Hardware project: MPEG2 decoder with ethernet adapter

* Emre Bastuz (info@emre.de) [030601 21:50]:

> Would using the PC/104 industry standard as plattform be an alternative?

Of course. But, one of us has spent months on finding the components that
have the nescessary computing power, don't make any noise and are supported
by linux.

This PC costs some hundred euro and consumes about 100 W.

I haven't validated prices for the MPEG decoder chips, yet, but from what
I've seen it seems that the full device should be cheaper than the PC
(though not that flexible ;-). From the data sheets that I've at hand, I'd
say that the device would consume about 5-7 W.

Ciao,

Tobias

--
Tobias Haustein