[vdr] Re: Hardware project: MPEG2 decoder with ethernet adapter

I also think that the dbox2 is the best approach to accomplish this.
The existing streamdev-plugin should be able to do what we want.

Strange enough I posted the following request/question to the board on the homepage of Sascha Volkenandt (creator of the streamdev plugin):

________
Topic: client for Dbox2-Linux? 23.05.2003 8:20 PM
I would really like to use the streamdev-client on the DBOX2 with a running Linux. So the DBox wouldnt need any antenna cabling but only ethernet.
Could this client be compiled under non-x86 Linux and use the MPEG2 hardware of the DBox2?

Best regards,
________

I havent got any feedback yet, but I have a DBox2 which is already in debug mode, so I might just give it a try...

Regards,
Christian