[vdr] vdr <-> dbox2

> The Dbox2 starts it's system from flash and I've read
> something about a trick with shortening some pins to trick security lock
> of Dbox2.

this was the old method for enable the famous "debug mode"
pratical anouther mode of the bootloader (=bios) in which it
is capable of loading the linux kernel oder another bootloader
for networkbooting

> The linux-DVB -driver supports at least the tuner of the cable-version
> of the Dbox2. And I think Neutrino uses DirectFB for displaying.

the question here is .. are the dvb api from the dbox guys and the
api from convergence the same thing??? realy a good question !

> With a output-plugin it should be possible to get complete VDR running
> on a Dbox2. You could use Sascha Volkenandt's Client/Server-plugin
> streamdev to connect to a VDR-server (and you have one tuner in the
> box).

its again time to refresh my crosscompile knowledge ... does this
somebody befor wth vdr??

hermann