[vdr] Small OSD menu example?

Hi,

I've for a little plugin been fighting a while with understanding how the
OSD menus work. There are a lot of OSD classes involved, along with static
methods so even my simple *one level* stuff that works is imho a slight
mess. However, making multilevel menus, ie arbitrarily deep menus still
elude me. I've tried a lot of various, with no success. Either I get no
submenus at all after the first level, or I get garbled menus where some
items are correct and some not.

Does anyone know of some exaple code that provides a nested menu
structure? Preferably simple so that my feeble mind can grok it. I know
the MPlayer/MP3 plugin does it, and I'm at the moment desperately trying
to "get" the code, but it does a lot and extracting the basic menu
handling code is far from trivial.

If someone has or can make such an example I'd be really happy, and
commented working code could buy that person a CD from Amazon or similar
"fun store". :)

--
  And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha,
    the Chosen One: "Psst!"