[vdr] Re: "Ruckler" with the DVD-Plugin-0.3.a at the chapter-transitions of DVD's

Hi,

On Monday 02 June 2003 12:22 pm, Uwe Scheffler wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I use: VDR-1.2.0; dvd-plugin-0.3.2a on Suse8.2!
>
> Now I have short breakers (Ruckler) during the rendition
> of DVD films always at the chapter transitions.
> Perhaps still does somebody else have this problem?

I too have observed those on some DVD's. Finding the root cause for this is
not trivial as it appears to depend not only on the DVD but also on the
drive. The only way to cure this and other similar problems will be to employ
additional buffering in the plugins main processing loop. The plugin
currently depends entirely on libdvdnav's read_cache for buffering, which
appears to be insufficient during some transitions.
Adding more buffering to the plugin is not simple as it affects a number of
datastructures and events that need to be synchronised then. Recently changes
have been made to libdvdnav to address exactly those areas. I will have to
look into that a bit more before i can provide a solution.

You and everybody else is of course welcome to contribute patches ;-)

Andreas