[vdr] Re: "Ruckler" with the DVD-Plugin-0.3.a at the chapter-tran sitions of DVD's

On Monday 02 June 2003 4:52 pm, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

[...]

> The solution is to simply not use AUDIO_SET_MUTE. In the mp3
> plugin I only stop sending data to the dvb card, letting the
> buffer run out. I didn't found any other solution.

mhh, STOP could then react sloppy. The buffer will usualy contain no more than
200ms worth of data, i'm not sure wether this will be noticable or not.

> But this problem should not strike while dvd replay, as I can
> pause/unpause a dvd or vdr recording with AC3 without problems
> (and AC3overDVB is basically PCM replay too).

but with AC3overDVB your DD receiver will remove/mute brocken AC3 frames, so
this problem will not show up then. Only "pure" PCM audio frames will cause
this.

> >> only PCM) and if i leave the plugin the actual station is without sound,
> >> only a channel switch brings sound back
> >
> > eh, good point. It never bothered me enough to actualy track it down.
>
> I think it's a driver issue. Strike whenever you returns from a
> replay which used PCM.

actively unmuting the card at plugin exit might solve it ...

Andreas