[vdr] Re: RGB output on J2:

Jörg Knitter wrote:

>> No bad for a start but why is there no RGB output? I will mail them
>>and
>> ask
>> why there is no RGB output on the card.

>Are there any news about the jumpers on Rev. 2.x or on how to get RGB
out? I have a Nexus and I am really missing the RGB >out. I considered
buying an additional 1.3/1.6 but I heard that they need additional
cooling and I really want a low noise >system... Furthermore, I don´t
know how long 1.3/1.6 cards will be available on ebay, so HW downgrading
is not a 'future'
>proof solution to the missing v2.x-RGB...

The nexus has no J2 connector and unfortunatly, the signals needed for
the RGB connector
are extremely difficult to reach (under the BGA component)

Cooling is a bit a problem on Rev1.3 but a passive cooling could help.
Unfortunatly : a normal PC chassis is a nightmare if it comes to
cooling.

_
Note to RGB:

I will not combine the sp-dif with the RGB on one board due to the extra
costs for the
PCB design, second, my sp-dif solutrion will not contain a optical
output cause optical
has more problems with jitter. Jitter 'killers' do exist but need to be
placed at the end
of the connection, so TV.

the coax solution offers just a better connection and I see no reason to
pay extra...
toslink modules are not that cheap...for a lower quality connection.
btw, using toslink modules is very easy.

RGB safety : I want a fool proof solution so..in case of voltage spikes
or even short
circuit, the DVB card should stand it.

Stefaan