[vdr] Re: DVBs rev 1.3

Bonjour Florian

> Sorry to insist, but no-one here
> uses an old DVB-s from Hauppauge ?
> I really need help here.

I have one,

> I have a DVBs rev 1.3
> (it has 1 RCA output for video and 1 jack output for sound
> instead of 1 DIN for all outputs on the Nexus).

Same outputs for me, but I don't know the revision.
I bought it in 2000 or 1999

> I'm using DVB drivers of 24/05, VDR 1.2.0.
> Despite the outputs differences, I have
> video on my tv, but no sound.

Everything is fine for me, with a duron 1.3Ghz, Mandrake 9.1 with custom kernel
and vdr 1.1.29,
Can you be more specific ? To what is your card plugged to ?
What are plugins installed, versions of libs etc.
can you copy /var/log/messages ?

>Any idea ?
Speakers not turned on,
Bad cable,
wrong sound output level in vdr,
bad declaration of channels sound inf conf.file,
bad compilation of sound codecs,

> Florian

Hope this helps
Keep in touch