[vdr] Re: RGB output on J2:

Hi,

> > > 1.6 need *NO* additional cooling. As I have stated many times before
> > > 1.6 is the onyl way to fly.

> Are you sure the 1.6 needs no cooling? AFAIR the 1.6 is not cooler than
the
> 1.3.

Yes, I *AM* sure ;o)) I have two running side by side in my case and
they stay pretty cool (and I run a motor dish from one of them). Thanks
to Helmut Auer I had the chance to run a 1.3. *These* suckers get
H*O*T*  If you look at the design, you will note that the 1.3 cards
actually use the tuner case as a heatsink (the 1.6 doesn't). IMHO the
1.3 was a faulty design, one of the reasons it was abandond (and I
never understood the ebay prices that they achieved. I guess it was
due to misinformation that the 1.6 weren't that good (which isn't
true.

BTW: the meaning "cool" doesn't mean you'll get frostbite on
your fingers ;o)) It just means they run well within temp specs
of the used IC's (something the 1.3 really pushes to the max).

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.