[vdr] Re: access modes of recordings

At 18:34 04.06.2003 +0200, you wrote:

>>man bash (look for "umask") is your friend.

>no that is not my friend. i do not want change the entire unmask for the
>vdruser, but only the way vdr creates recordings.

only another workaround instead of patching the sources - use a file system
which supports acls and e.g. change the umask only for the directory vdr
stores the recordings in.
ok, thats sounds good. but which fs i should use for example. at the moment i am using reiserfs.

 or (not really good) change the permissions by a
cron job. another not so elegant solution would be a simple script which
changes the permissions and use it as vdr command.
i agree, but it would be i minor change in vdr sources, perhaps i can convince klaus to implement this in vdr.

cu christoph friederich
---