[vdr] Re: reports of ARM crashing : known cause?

At 20:54 05/06/2003, you wrote:
I still did not run my V1.3 card for more then 3 hours and that went
good but
some people on the list reported arm crashes.
Is this a standard issue known for just Rev1.3 or to all full featured
DVBs cards?

On the other hand, did someone found the cause of the ARM chrashing ..ex
simply too hot?
Are you using recent drivers. Do you use transfer mode between to cards. Do you use DVB-T? Do old drivers / firmware from 0.9.4 crash within 3 hours?

I can confirm an issue here with a rev 1.3 card and new drivers (i.e. late 2002+) where the ARM will crash from anything between one and twenty hours using transfer mode (replaying live channel / recording) and switching between channels. First there will be outcomm errors that delay channel changes, eventually the ARM crashes. Could be some sort of "memory leak" on the internal video memory or something - it that's possible - as it doesn't happen with any specific recordings just sporadic after some use.

- Gregor