[vdr] new features: RPM

Hello everybody,

first of all, thanks to Klaus. You did an awful job.
I notice that a lot of new feature requests are popping up now after
finishing v1.2. However, I believe this group gives a quite inaccurate
view on the whole group of (potential) VDR users. I personally know
some people that didn't succed in installing VDR on their systems,
simply because they didn't have a clue what all these make, patch,
kernelconfiguration etc. means.
My proposal is to broaden the userbase now to really make VDR the
killer application for Linux. This would mean that it would be time to
have some kind of installer routine, like RPM etc., rather than
putting in more and more new features.
I believe the general tuning in this group is much to much into
building the "one program does it all"-mentality. Most of you
certainly kjnow the engineer--sales people conflict. We are too much
on the engineer side!

--
Best regards,
 Michael                          mailto:Michael.S.Schumacher@gmx.de