[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-analogtv-0.7.0

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 08:12:27AM +0200, Tobias Faust wrote:
> > It seems to work so far, but i don't see any OSD. Is this normal?
>
> wow, take a look at this:
> > >   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/vdr-1.2.0-fix-noosd.diff
>                                             ^^^^^^^^
>
> i think, analog tv cards hasn't any chips to produce an OSD Overlay.

That much is clear... however the original question mislead me a bit...
how would /any/ output be expected from the TV capture card? Do some of
them actually have a TV output facility?

Or is it all a red herring, and what Mr. Kool (superb :) said about 'if
you want to see anything, use another VDR machine via streamdev' is
quite true?

Cheers,
Gavin.