[vdr] Re: new features: RPM

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:

> > >hmmmmm, the native speakers I talk to use that all the time in a
> > >positive way...

Not exactly that! :-)

> "schrecklich gut" ("awful good") is a possitive statement, at least in
> german. But as Klaus is german i think he had understood it correctly.
> :-)

Okay, being English I'll tell you the real deal!

It is not nice to say "you did an awful job" - this is an insult. "Awful"
implies a extremely poor attempt.

I think you meant to say "you did an awfully good job" which is totally
different statement, "awfully" would be similar to saying "very very"...

Going back to the original thread - RPM's would be a good idea. But I
believe VDR needs documentation consolodating, with documentation and FAQs
on Klaus' web site. Unless you are a real techy, installing VDR is not
trivial..

Also, we are seeing the same questions being frequently asked over and
over again on this list..

Hope this helps,

Tschuss!

Morph