[vdr] Re: Is there enough interrest in a mp3 player plugin for soundcard output?

Am Samstag, 7. Juni 2003 14:12 schrieben Sie:
> > a generic any{DD,AC3,LPCM,MPEG}-sound-to-alsa plugin would IMHO be much
>
> more
>
> > usefull.
>
> I think for AC3 there is another plugin.
> the sense of the mentioned mp3-plugin is to be able to hear mp3,wav,ogg
> etc. while the tv is showing the program. vdr is just used to control the
> playing.

Isn't that the same with normal mp3-plugin too ? I think the idea was to have
a general alsa-output-plugin. I guess alsa can handle whatever it gets

> > And forgett about OSS, it going to die, die, die. ;-)
>
> the oss emulation of alsa will survive i think ;-)

No reason to write something for a deprecated interface ;)

> furthermore i dont know anything about alsa, but i do know how to give the
> sound data to oss.
> some month ago, i wrote the patch oss output patch for mp3player from vdr
> 1.0.4.
>
> regards,
> gunnar

What I do not understand is what the use of this would be. Normal TV-Sound
goes to line-out of the dvb and mp3 over the soundcard ? Where is the use if
not all goes over the same device ?

Steffen