[vdr] Feature Request for vdr 1.3.x : "Remux recording during edit"

Hi,

When cutting (in VDR) a recording, there is a issue (for me) with the synchronization of the sound. I have looked at several recordings and found that the delay between sound and video in the recording can vary between 140 and 1120 ms, where the sound in the recording is ahead of the video. When setting a cutting point in the recording before and after a break, and cutting the recording, the result is that at the end of the scene before the break, the sound of the scene after the break already plays. (This is probably due to the fact that cCuttingThread::Action() just takes the frames as it is, and writes it to the new file.) From the mailinglist (http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2003/02-2003/msg00758.html and http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2003/05-2003/msg00602.html) I've got the impression that de/re-muxing of the incoming stream from the DVB driver was not an option. Because I edit all my recordings, this audio/video sync issue shows up every time in every edited recording.

The feature requested is that during the edit (in cutter.c, method cCuttingThread::Action() ?) the recording is adjusted in susch a way that in the cutted recording only the sound is stored which belongs (as indicated by the apts and vpts ?) to the video frames. In this way, the processing as done in remux.c (cTS2PES::instant_repack() ?) doesn't have to be changed, this to "keep the latency time as short
as possible " as stated in the comment of the remux.c file.

Greeting,

Ocmer