[vdr] Re: new features: RPM

Michael Schumacher <Michael.S.Schumacher@gmx.de> wrote:
> My proposal is to broaden the userbase now to really make VDR the
> killer application for Linux. This would mean that it would be time to
> have some kind of installer routine, like RPM etc., rather than
> putting in more and more new features.

The problem using packages for vdr is, that you cannot use patches or
bugfixes. You have to generate a package for every possibility.
I already thought of making debs (debian's rpm), but using the source
in linked directories is much faster than maintaining packages.
I also think, the programmer hasn't to maintain the packages, for this
there should be other persons.

Torsten