[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Client/Server Streaming 0.1.0beta3(vdr-streamdev)

Am Son, 2003-06-08 um 19.31 schrieb DOm:
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:15:45 +0200
> Sascha Volkenandt <lists@magoa.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > a new version of this plugin is available on my website
> > http://www.magoa.net/linux/index.php?view=streamdev
> >
> > Mainly it's now possible to stream PS with HTTP (which most players
> > should recognize) - here all channels begin streaming immediately with
> > PS, while most don't with PES.
> >

> works perfecly with mplayer but _no_sound_ yet with vlc.
> The artifacts in http TS streams are heavily visible yet, but i think
> most of us (mortals) will use PS for a "software client".
> Please contact vlc author and propose him to add streamdev support to
> vlc this thing will bring fortune to vdr to vlc and to YOU :)

I did some testing and I think something in audio-stream is broken.

When using MPEG-PS, XMMS plays audio-streams very well, but there are a
lot of regular clicks in it.

MPlayer plays A/V-streams fine, but does not play audio-only streams.

VLC is reported to have no sound.

So I think there is noise in the MPEG-stream, either from
streamdev-plugin or even from VDR (maybe VDR creates A/V-streams and
handles a audio-only (MP2) recording like an A/V-recording with
video-headers? Anyone having such deep knowledge of VDR to check it?).

But streaming A/V-works pretty good, now! :o)

@Sascha: Do you use a patched cTS2PES-class or did you implement a
additional remuxer for PS?

Rene