[vdr] Re: timers block primary device

Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running a machine with two DVB cards and just updated from VDR 1.1.28
> to 1.2.1. Things work fine except for the fact that a timer will start
> recording on the primary device (device #1) even if there is no recording
> activity on the second device. Thus, timers will always prevent me from
> zapping channels or watching a recording.
>
> VDR *does* recognize the two devices and I can schedule a second recording
> which will then run on the second card. I did not change my configuration
> files when switching from version 1.1.28 to 1.2.1. Did I miss any change in
> the way VDR works?

Well, maybe you didn't read the HISTORY file? ;-)

2003-05-25: Version 1.1.33

- Changed the DEFAULTPRIORITY in device.c to -1, so that the primary device
  will be used for FTA recordings in case the CAM is connected to a non-primary
  device (thanks to Reinhard Walter Buchner for reporting this one).

> I compiled VDR with DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE and
> DO_MULTIPLE_RECORDINGS undefined. Does this have an effect on which device
> the timers are working on initially?

Meanwhile the firmware appears to be stable enough to allow using this
feature. I use VDR "as is" and can record and replay on the primary device
without problems.

If you set the "Primary limit" parameter to something >0 then you'll have
the old bahaviour back.

Klaus