[vdr] Re: General note on reporting bugs or feature requests

Christoph Liersch <kgm11@gmx.net> wrote:

> (...)
> > I hope nobody will find these suggestions offensive. They are just
> > meant to make it easier to focus on the actual work. With the amount
> > of traffic on this list it is becoming more and more important to
> > avoid things that cause additonal work.
>
> Offensive? They're some of the most basic principles of mailing list
> etiquette (and email communication in general). Unfortunately, quite a
> few people either don't know better or just don't care. I'd suggest a
> regular,'official' posting detailing these rules for the former if it
> isn't too much work (Clemens Kirchgatterer tried this in the past, but
> seems to have given up after being ignored), and application of a LART
> of your choice for the latter :)

no, i haven't given up at all, but you're right, it is quite frustating
to see that less response. i'm going to incorporate klaus's latest post
about vdr mailing list etiquette into what i have yet and plan to resend
the mail once a month or when i see the urgent need for it. at least
until some of the major contributers tp the vdr project tell me to
stop. :o)

best regards ...
clemens