[vdr] Re: nova-card

vuillard wrote:
i knew that, but is it possible to avoid to do it with a hardware mpeg decoder ?
my questions was "is it possible to decode the stream by software under vdr?"
sorry i did'nt ask it clearly
Yes and no. You can use streamdev-plugin.
Before I had a DXR3, I used to compile vdr with OSD_DEBUG (or was is
DEBUG_OSD?) and used the stream-plugin. You can than start vdr and start
the stream-plugin and you can watch taht stream with mplayer.

The new streamdev-plugin and vdradmin should give you a nice working app
:) You can switch even channels by telling the streamdev the channel via
an URI!
But you will NOT be able to use any OSD features!

Frank