[vdr] Re: VDR Software backend (was Re: Re: nova-card)

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 18:19, you wrote:
> > The answer to this question is currently 'No' - there is ongoing
> > development to use xine / mplayer as a software backend, but I don't know
> > how active this development is, or how usable it is at present...

> do you have any url ?

As far as I know, there isn't one because the software is not in a fit state
to be used by the public :)  It requires specific patches to Xine and VDR,
and is likely to be highly unstable... for that reason the author requested
you mail him directly for the code...

I personally have limited interest in it, since the quality will never be as
good as a dedicated MPEG2 decoder (progressive versus interlaced output,
etc.)

Oh, yes, just noticed Frank's suggestion of using streamdev plugin... that
would work, but wouldn't provide a complete comfortable solution - but it
might be good enough for what you want...

gdh