[vdr] Re: Making Timers more "intelligent"

Hi Martin,

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Martin Geistreiter wrote:
> Hi, just a idea, but for example: If i have a dayly timer
> Lets say "TV-TOTAL" at MTWT there are two Problems:
> 1.	The starting time is not allways the same
> 2.	during a holiday f.e. "TV-TOTAL" is not broadcasted
> So my idea would be to check optional the EPG if there is a brodacast
> with the timers name to cancel record if needed  and/or second if necessary
> correct the recording time.
Do you know vdradmin? (www.linvdr.org/download/vdradmin)

I don't use daily (or otherwise regular) timers at all for a year or so -- I
just programm the name of the event and some time/channel margins when needed,
and the rest will vdradmin do for you -- including timer control when the
start/end time of the event changes in the EPG.

Best try version 0.90pre4 (or 0.90, will be out till weekend I think), there
have been some major improvements in the autotimer/timer control.

Bye,
  Mirko