[vdr] Re: Making Timers more "intelligent"

Hallo,

> >>Do you know vdradmin? (www.linvdr.org/download/vdradmin)
>
> yes, up an running
>
> >>I don't use daily (or otherwise regular) timers at all for a year or so
> >--
> >>I just programm the name of the event and some time/channel margins when
> >>needed, and the rest will vdradmin do for you -- including timer control
> >>when the start/end time of the event changes in the EPG.
>
> Thats right but i/you need a internet-browser for it; worst case a second
> pc. Thats against the vdr philosophy to be controled via OSD (this is no
> blame etc. against vdr admin, you, the world...; and i like and use VDR
> admin, but not in the livingroom, the bedromm, guestroom...)

I also like to control VDR from VDR itself.

How about a "vdradmin" Plugin that could set an vdradmin Autotimer or
something like that ?
Maybee it even would be possible to use the EPG and set an autotimer based
on a broadcast.

just my 2 cent ...

Greetings
Christian