[vdr] Re: Making Timers more "intelligent"

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Christian Jacobsen wrote:

>How about a "vdradmin" Plugin that could set an vdradmin Autotimer or
>something like that ?
>Maybee it even would be possible to use the EPG and set an autotimer based
>on a broadcast.

I don't know if some plugin already does this, so please enlighten me if
I'm living in ignorance.

I often record series, such as "Friends", "Robot Wars", "Stargate" and
other programs that always have the same name. It would be nice to be able
to select a program from the program list and press something that would
"Always record a show with this name". That plugin or something would
periodcally check the EPG data for new programs, and when something that
matches the specified name (or is similar enough) is found, a new timer
would be created.

This would be a killer feature for a lazy guy like me, I tend to forget to
schedule "important" shows far too often. :)

I think that a plugin could do it, at least the matching and adding of
timers, but I don't know if it can get a hook added into the main program
list? Anyone know more about this issue? And no, I know this can be done
using external non-VDR applications, but I want to do it sitting in my
comfortable couch using a remote control. :)

	Chakie

--
    - "Remember -- that which does not kill us can only make us stronger."
    - "And that which does kill us leaves us dead!"