[vdr] Re: analogtv & soundcard

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 05:57:05PM +0200, Uwe Ortner wrote:

> btaudio: driver version 0.7 loaded [digital+analog]
> PCI: Enabling device 02:09.1 (0004 -> 0006)
> btaudio: Bt878 (rev 17) at 02:09.1, irq: 10, latency: 32, mmio:
> 0xf4800000
> btaudio: using card config "default"
> btaudio: registered device dsp0 [analog]
> btaudio: registered device mixer0

> Do you think this could work, if, what would be the next step?

That looks quite promising, although I would have hoped the 'btaudio'
output would have said what type of TDAxxxx/TEAxxxx chip it found.

At present, although a dsp device has been created, it may not actually
be 'wired through' to anything, and hence no audio data will come out of
it, so don't get your hopes too high. The other thing that may happen is
you get the audio output from the FM radio tuner rather than the TV
tuner :)

The next step would be to proceed as normal, since by default the
analogtv plugin will read audio from "/dev/dsp" which will usually be a
symlink to /dev/dsp0 (you may need to check this).

Also, it would be wise to run a mixer application (aumix, smixer, kmix,
etc. etc. - any generic mixer will do) just to ensure all the volume
levels are set up, in case the card mutes everything by default.

After that, you should hopefully be able to treat your new /dev/dsp0 as
if it were a soundcard input!

Let us know how you get on! :)

Cheers,
Gavin.