[vdr] NTSC -> PAL

Hi,
i have an old television, that can't get the NTSC color informations out of the video signal. So if i play NTSC VCDs, i only see a b/w picture.
one solution is to use a rgb cable, i think. but i noticed that if i use my dvd player, the picture is colored. Does anybody know if the Yamaha DVD S520 (based on Philips ) does a complete conversion between NTSC and PAL or only changes the color informations. Is that with the vcd/mplayer plugin possible, too? I already tried a modified (check tv format for vcd too) mplayer.sh v0.8.2 (?), i got a colored picture, but the whole video played slower, everyone had a deeper voice ;-) (mplayer option -speed)

--
Sincerly, Michael Walle

In den Rohrwiesen 1a
66440 Blieskastel
pacman@bierkasten.org

---
Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

PGP public key available at:
http://users.vdleyen.de/mw/
http://www.keyserver.net      Michael Walle (pacman) <michael.walle@web.de>