[vdr] Re: cTS2PES got NN TS errors [WAS: Re: Re: switching to channel N (once per second?)]

* Stefan Lucke (stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de) [030610 22:50]:

> hw_sections=X is related to full featured cards right ? So this does not
> apply to my configuration. TWO Nova-s.
> I did an other test starting a recording (device 1) on the server,
> switched to pro7, sat1 on the client (server device 2 was used)
> and every thing is fine ;-) no errors on both devices.
> After recording finished on dev1, live view of pro7 (now on dev1) is
> jerkey again. :-(
> Checked with vdr 1.1.30 again live view of pro7 (channel 7) is ok on dev??

This is exactly the behaviour that I've seen many times with my (similar)
system. On device 1, Pro7, Sat1 and friends are jerky, while they are fine
on device 2. However, this happens with all drivers and VDR versions
beginning from at least 1.1.19 or so (don't know about earlier versions).

I don't think that it is a DECT problem, but I haven't nailed it down, yet.

However, I still have lots of other problems with bad recordings and so on
and have therefore a lot of things to check. I know for sure, that the
DXR3 plugin has problems with some recordings -- probably the PES demuxer
has an error -- but the Pro7/Sat1 problem does not seem to be related to
DXR3. I'm sure that the DXR3 plugin is responsible for the problems,
because the same video file plays fine with mplayer and after extracting the
ES video stream using the mpeg tools, this stream plays error free through
the dxr3 device.

Ciao,

Tobias

--