[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

Sergei Haller <Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Tobias Faust (TF) wrote:
>
> TF> > 1. Recording is in progress
> TF>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> TF> vdr doesnt shutdown if a timer is active. Its a feature !!! So its
> TF> impossible to have abrupted records
>
> well.  actually, VDR _does_ call the shutdown script (with a start time of
> the  currently  running recording, which is in the past to indicate that a
> recurding  is  currently running). But your shutdown script decides not to
> shutdown. Modify your shutdown script if you want it in a different way.

You're right, everything behaves like the documentation says. But I'd
still consider this a bug in vdr, because it does not pass any
information about the next timer (in the future) to the shutdown script.
Therefore the script can do nothing but refuse to shutdown. Considering
that the user actually has to confirm that he does want to shutdown
despite ongoing recordings, I'd prefer sending the time of the next
timer to the script.

Wolfgang