[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> Wolfgang Miller-Reichling wrote:
>>
>> You're right, everything behaves like the documentation says. But I'd
>> still consider this a bug in vdr, because it does not pass any
>> information about the next timer (in the future) to the shutdown script.
>> Therefore the script can do nothing but refuse to shutdown. Considering
>> that the user actually has to confirm that he does want to shutdown
>> despite ongoing recordings, I'd prefer sending the time of the next
>> timer to the script.
>
> And what if the next timer is only, say, 30 seconds in the future?
> Should it then deliver the next but one timer? Where's the limit?

Well, at least the script would have a chance to decide what to do (in
this case: refuse to shutdown, I guess). But sending the next timer
would improve the situation in all cases, where this timer is more than
say 10 minutes in the future.

Wolfgang