[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Wolfgang Miller-Reichling (WM) wrote:

WM> Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
WM> > Wolfgang Miller-Reichling wrote:
WM> >>
WM> >> You're right, everything behaves like the documentation says. But I'd
WM> >> still consider this a bug in vdr, because it does not pass any
WM> >> information about the next timer (in the future) to the shutdown script.
WM> >> Therefore the script can do nothing but refuse to shutdown. Considering
WM> >> that the user actually has to confirm that he does want to shutdown
WM> >> despite ongoing recordings, I'd prefer sending the time of the next
WM> >> timer to the script.
WM> >
WM> > And what if the next timer is only, say, 30 seconds in the future?
WM> > Should it then deliver the next but one timer? Where's the limit?
WM>
WM> Well, at least the script would have a chance to decide what to do (in
WM> this case: refuse to shutdown, I guess). But sending the next timer
WM> would improve the situation in all cases, where this timer is more than
WM> say 10 minutes in the future.

If the user pressed the poweroff key during a recording and said "shutdown
anyway", and wants the VDR machine to be turned off despite of any running
or  ongoing  recordings, then his shutdown script should look at the fifth
parameter: here is an excerpt from the INSTALL file of VDR:

> The fifth parameter indicates the reason why the shutdown was requested.
> '0'  means  this is an automatic shutdown due to some timeout, while '1'
> means  that  this  is a user requested shutdown (resulting from pressing
> the  "Power"  key).  The  shutdown  program  may use this information to
> decide whether or not to actually perform the system shutdown.

c ya
        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\