[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

Sergei Haller wrote:

> If the user pressed the poweroff key during a recording and said "shutdown
> anyway", and wants the VDR machine to be turned off despite of any running
> or  ongoing  recordings, then his shutdown script should look at the fifth
> parameter: here is an excerpt from the INSTALL file of VDR:
>
> > The fifth parameter indicates the reason why the shutdown was requested.
> > '0'  means  this is an automatic shutdown due to some timeout, while '1'
> > means  that  this  is a user requested shutdown (resulting from pressing
> > the  "Power"  key).  The  shutdown  program  may use this information to
> > decide whether or not to actually perform the system shutdown.

Very well spotted! Why didn't _I_ think of this? ;-)

So, I guess this should answer the whole topic. The shutdown
script _has_ all the information it needs, and if the mentioned
parameter is 1 it's totally up to the script to force the shutdown.

Klaus